The United Nations environment program on March 14th, 2019 presented some alarming statistics at the UN Environment Assembly. It stated that the fashion industry produces 20 percent of global wastewater and 10 percent of global carbon emissions – more than all international flights and maritime shipping. Textile dyeing is the second-largest polluter of water globally and it takes around 2,000 gallons of water to make a typical pair of jeans. Washing clothes also releases half a million tons of microfibers into the ocean every year. Every second, the equivalent of one garbage truck of textiles is landfilled or burned. If nothing changes, by 2050 the fashion industry will use up a quarter of the world’s carbon budget. No doubt that this industry shall be one of the major contributors to the mass extinction of species from earth.
Certainly, this pressing issue cannot be ignored anymore. As a leading fabric and Garment manufacturer involved in the product life cycle , Esperanza has realized that and took serious steps to contribute their part, by understanding their abilities and responsibilities in the manufacturing of sustainable products.
ESPERANZA SUSTAINABLE STRATEGIES
Reducing Chemical Impact
- Second Hand Smoke ban. All Smoke Chimneys were provided with Filter.
- All Operators in Esperanza production facilities are provided with health and Safety Equipment’s to prevent any harmful impacts of the Smoke emissions on their health.
- The materials used in construction, the way cities are thought out in terms of transportation, the way water supplies are managed, can improve the health of the general population;
- All industrial waste water to be chemically treated before proceeding into the drainage.
- Safe disposal of Hazardous Materials
Improving Water Management
- Operating a water treatment station to improve the characteristics of the water used in the industry and accordingly reduce the wastes of excess use of water.
- Operating a Recyclng unit to treat the industrial waste water before going into the public drain.
Improving Energy Management
- Priority in importing Raw material from near countries to participate in the global oriantation towards reducing carbon emission.
- Participating in governemental programs to reduce the energy consumption and depend on natural sources such as SOLAR Energy in heating water.
- All Lighting units are LED units and ECO friendly.
Reduction of Material waste
- Company has an enviromental agreements with Recyclying companies that daily collect the material wastes and recycle in ECO friendly methods. Materials include Cartons – cones – fabric cut waste – plastic substances.
Sustainable Raw Material Sourcing
- In early 2020, Esperanza started to provide organic yarns and products into their supply Chain.
- Company gives the priotrity in Production for the Organic or Recycable fibers.
- Esperanza Have a plan to be +50% Sustainable in their Raw materials by 2023.